Sunday, July 13, 2008

Good to be back!

The family holiday was awesome!! We spent 7 days at a cottage on the lake - I fell in love with my boyfriend and kids all over again. Holidays do that to you don't they? I feel so rested and ready to scrap my gutts out.

This layout is of my daughter roasting her first marshmallow of the year, on the campfire. I don't know about you, but have you noticed the amount of mosquitoes this year to be extraordinarily disgusting. We could not enjoy a campfire at night because the mosquitoes were too thick. I'm so glad I caught on camera, that marshmallow on fire! Kids can be so impatient - roasting the mallows directly in the flame instead of slow roasting with the heat.


I'd have to say that my favorite thing about camping or hanging out at the cottage is sitting around the campfire at night. I love to play games, sing songs and tell jokes...ghost stories and just reminisce with friends about the past. I love to stare at the flames and I could for hours. It's mesmerizing. What is your favorite thing about camping??

1 comment:

  1. love the new blog! I can't believe it took me 14 freakin days to find it!!!! rock on girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting 'She's a Scrap Freak!' blog. I love to hear from you, so I'm thanking you in advance for making me smile today. :) May your day be blessed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin