Thursday, August 21, 2008

August Featured Kit Layouts

Last night, I hurriedly did my design layouts for LP. I must admit that I am not totally happy with them, because I do not work well under pressure (self induced of course). I received my kit in the mail yesterday and wanted to get my submissions done before I left for my holidays. (I didn't want to be thinking about a To-Do List while lying on the beach). I will say that I love all the 'circle' patterns and how easily it is to cut the bordered strips out of that patterned paper! I always seem to enjoy the 'alternate' side of the double sided paper...the least popular choice. One of them had little designs that looked like cherries! It is so awesome! I began printing out strips of wallet size photos in black and white ink, but my dang printer ran out of ink and the photos looked like crap, so I had to dig out photos in my 4x6 stash and use those. I really would have liked to use black and white photos with these layouts because the colours are so dominant in the paper. Oh well. When life throws you lemons, make raspberry lemonade! ha!





All layouts were made using the August Featured Kit by Cosmo Cricket (Hello Sunshine). **some chipboard elements were from KI Memories. **Black Sharpie **White and black cardstock not from kit **black satin ribbon and ric rac not from kit.

TODAY...all I think about is camping! We are taking off for four glorious days at our favorite Provincial Park to soak up the remaining rays of summer. I am really looking forward to it. You guessed it, I have my scrapbooking magazines all packed, my trashy smutt Cosmopolitan magazines AND my MP3 Player all loaded. (love that new song by Rihanna...DISTURBIA!) WOOHOOO!

I'll be on holidays the following week also...going back-to-school shopping and organizing my very unorganized and messy home. I have so much scrap stuff lying around, I forget what I have! I'll be back folks...in a few days with some camping photos! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love your LO's girl!!!! They are so fun!!!

    Have fun camping!! I hope you get lots of rest so you can get your house in order!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soo great! You should be far from disappointed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting 'She's a Scrap Freak!' blog. I love to hear from you, so I'm thanking you in advance for making me smile today. :) May your day be blessed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin